Independent Living Waterloo Region
Independent Living Waterloo Region is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating choice and support for people with disabilities to live independent lives.
An inclusive community where persons with disabilities are supported to live independently and thrive.
To support and champion Independent Living for persons with disabilities through self-directed services and programs.
What we bring to our work
These ideals are at the core of what we do and guide our work with people with disabilities every day.
We believe in…
- Supporting the rights and responsibilities of persons with disabilities and those who work with them.
- Accommodating the diverse needs of persons with disabilities.
- Promoting the continued independence of persons with disabilities through self-directed services.
- Supporting persons with disabilities to fully participate in the community as equal citizens.
- Responding to the needs of support persons, including staff, family members, friends and volunteers.
- Advocating for the elimination of barriers.
- Striving towards a truly inclusive community.