Join Our Team
Are you looking to make a difference in the lives of individuals with disabilities in our community?
Independent Living Waterloo Region wants to hear from you!
Independent Living Waterloo Region (ILWR) is dedicated to supporting individuals to live independently. Our employees assist our consumers with personal support services needed to help them achieve our vision of independence, choice and participation.
As an employer, we provide…
- Competitive salaries including benefits and pension
- A supportive, inclusive and respectful work environment
- A safe and healthy workplace
- An Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for ongoing training and professional development
Make an Impact
Current job opportunities
Attendant Outreach Program
- Consumers live in their own homes with Attendants driving from one consumer home to the next
- Compensation is provided for travel and mileage between consumer homes
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle for work use are required for all employees
- Shifts may be shorter, and involve split shifts with time between service visits
- Consumers live in their own homes in various apartment buildings where other consumers live as well
- Provides support 24 hours per day, 7 days a week; with Attendants rotating day, evening, and overnight shifts
Working with ILWR
What our employees say
ILWR is happy to assist students with completing their program requirements. We work with local colleges to offer paid placements throughout our organization where students gain valuable experiences in a community environment.
Please contact email@example.com for more information.